You don’t need to be informed how important social media is. We can clearly see how the field has evolved as a major marketplace over the past few years. Nowadays, companies and agencies giving more importance to their social media marketing. Social media marketing is a very broad concept that comprises many social media platforms and marketing methods. It can be simply described as using social media networks to market your brand, products, and services and accomplishing your marketing goals. This involves the entire scope of marketing goals like website traffic, brand awareness, conversions and many more.
Today in this post, I will discuss some of the best social media guides in 2020, you can best utilize them for your social media marketing strategy.
1. Changing User Experience of Social Media
Social media is evolving its user experience (UX) in response to Google’s game-changing algorithm updates and the constant rise of content as king. Your social media profiles undeniably impact the content of your search engine results. In fact, social media profiles are often listed among the top SERP results in search listings for brand or business names. Respectively, your social media channels can give more personal feel than web pages, and they’re a great way to get a first impression of a company’s personality off the bat. When people searching about your company, typically they go directly to your Facebook or Twitter page.
So, if you make your social media accounts more user-friendly, you can make the experience of getting to know your brand online more fun for the people who are looking for you online. And with the good user experience, you can get quick indexing, also, secure a top ranking in the SERP results. Ultimately, we use social media for building faithful relationships, nurturing audiences, voicing our brand’s identity and sharing ideas. So, if you’re structuring, branding and managing your social media channels’ designs and content in a way that people can easily access and understand the information then you can prominently connect your brand with them and easily achieve your social media marketing goals.
Here are some reasons why user experience is important for social media:
- Good social media UX can leave a positive impression with your ideal users
- Good social media UX can help increase your presence on search engines
- Good social media UX can help more people stay on your social media channels longer
- Good social media UX improves the accessibility of your social media channels to more people.
- Good social media UX will help increase people’s engagement in your social media channels.
2. New Profile Looks of Social Media Channels
Most of the social media platforms are switching into its new interfaces and offering new profile looks for their users. These social media channels pick up random users to test their new interface looks and provide a final result based on the feedback and experience gathered from these users. Facebook’s new user interface (UI) and the dark mode features on Facebook and Instagram are some of the examples of new profile look changes in social media channels.
6 Major Interface changes in Facebook
- Dark Mode
- Pick up where you left off’ functionality
- Cleaner’ Interface
- Instagram photos on pages
- New Video Player
- Overhauled Marketplace
Facebook’s Dark Mode
Facebook rolled out the dark mode feature on Facebook. But, at present, Facebook’s dark mode feature is limited to the desktop version and still, it’s not obtainable on any Android or iOS app.
According to Facebook, the new UI offers a neat look with big texts and it also presents the much awaited dark mode but these new features are now limited to desktop only and will take some times to get them on the mobile apps.
Instagram’s Dark Mode
Instagram’s Dark Mode changes the colours on your device’s screen for a darker look. It’s open on both iOS and Android devices. To turn on the Dark Mode for Instagram, you’ll need to update your mobile device’s operating system to iOS 13 or Android 10 along with the update of your Instagram app. By turning on the Dark Mode in your device’s settings, you can activate the Dark Mode on Instagram.
3. Social Media Image Sizes for 2020
You all know how important your social media images are. In fact, based on the recent survey nearly 36% of marketers decide to spend over a third of their marketing budget on visual content. The social media images your brand needs to compete against keep on rising in terms of quantity and quality.
That’s why I’ve listed down the latest, most up-to-date social media image sizes for Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, YouTube, TikTok and Pinterest. So, check out the ideal image sizes to use on your social media channels in 2020.
Still, Facebook is the world’s most popular social network and has been becoming more and more visual in character, also increasingly geared for mobile devices. Even businesses use it for marketing purpose, still, Facebook is a “Social” network, therefore, experts advised professional users to avoid going too commercial or product-driven with your Facebook images. And recommend to convey the human side of your brand through your Facebook images and use the best resolution possible and shoot for the optimal Facebook post dimensions.
Ideal Facebook Image Sizes for 2020
• Facebook profile picture size: 180 x 180
• Facebook cover photo size: 820 x 462
• Facebook link image size: 1200 x 630
• Facebook image post size: 1200 x 630
• Facebook event image size: 1920 x 1080
• Facebook video size: 1280 x 720
• Maximum Facebook video length: 240 minutes
• Facebook ad size: 1200 x 628
• Facebook video ad size: 1280 x 720
• Facebook Story ad size: 1080 x 1920
• Facebook group cover image size: 1640 x 922
• Facebook messenger image ad size: 1200 x 628
Instagram is a visual social network where you can treat your inner photographer and filmmaker. At present, Instagram Stories are catching all the attention, but you can still catch the attention with static images. Make sure to use the three orientations available on Instagram (portrait, square, landscape) and compose your images accordingly. Also, it’s crucial to use the right Instagram post dimensions.
Ideal Instagram Image Sizes for 2020
• Instagram profile picture size: 110 x 110
• Instagram photo sizes: 1080 x 1080 (square), 1080 x 566 (landscape), 1080 x 1350 (portrait)
• Instagram Stories size: 1080 x 1920
• Minimum Instagram video sizes: 600 x 600 (square), 600 x 315 (landscape), 600 x 750 (portrait), 600 x 700 (Carousel video dimensions)
• Maximum Instagram video length: 60 seconds
• Minimum Instagram image ad size: 500 pixels wide
• Instagram photo thumbnails: 161 x 161
• Instagram ads size: 1080 x 566 pixels (landscape), 1080 x 1080 pixels (square)
• Instagram IGTV video size: 1080 x 1920
Recent stats revealed that tweets with images get retweeted 150% more than those without images. For Twitter, you need striking images to stand out in a fast-moving newsfeed. Informative and easy-to-read infographics are one of the effective visual tactic brands can use to increase the engagement on Twitter.
Ideal Twitter Image Sizes for 2020
• Twitter profile picture size: 400 x 400
• Twitter header size: 1500 x 500
• Twitter post image size: 1024 x 512
• Twitter card image size: 1200 x 628
• Twitter video size: 720 x 720 (square), 1280 x 720 (landscape), 720 x 1280 (portrait)
• Maximum Twitter video length: 140 seconds
• Twitter ad size (image): 800 x 428
• Twitter ad size (video): 720 x 720 (square), 1280 x 720 (landscape), 720 x 1280 (portrait)
Most of the businesses make this mistake that LinkedIn is the pure professional network where your profiles don’t need the wow factor of the other social networks. While it’s true that brand reliability and transparency are the most important factors here, a beautiful LinkedIn profile is an invaluable resource and welcoming card for your brand. Use polished, maximum resolution pictures. If the employment is your goal, use your image real estate to showcase your company’s best view.
Ideal LinkedIn Image Sizes for 2020
• LinkedIn company logo size: 300 x 300
• LinkedIn cover photo size: 1536 x 768
• LinkedIn Dynamic Ads size: 100 x 100 (company logo)
• LinkedIn Sponsored Content image size: 1200 x 627
• LinkedIn Hero image size: 1128 x 376
• LinkedIn Business Banner image: 646 x 220
• LinkedIn profile picture size: 400 x 400
• LinkedIn background photo size: 1584 x 396
• LinkedIn post image size: 1200 x 1200 (desktop) 1200 x 628 (mobile)
• LinkedIn link post size: 1200 x 628
• LinkedIn video size: 256 x 144 (minimum) to 4096 x 2304 (maximum)
• Maximum LinkedIn video length: 10 minutes
YouTube has been the second most trendy social media platform for businesses to share video content where marketers need to greet the video requirements to do well on the channel. While the resolution and length of the video are extremely important, you also need to pay attention to the tiny details like your profile picture size, YouTube channel cover picture to capture the attention of the audience from the time they land on your YouTube Channel.
Ideal YouTube Image Sizes for 2020
• YouTube Channel cover picture: 2560 x 1440 pixels (desktop) and 1546 x 423 pixels (smartphones)
• YouTube Display ads: 300 x 250
• YouTube Overlay ads: 480 x 60
• YouTube Companion banner ads: 300 x 250 pixels
• YouTube Skippable video ads length: 6 – 20 seconds
• YouTube Non-skippable video ads length: 12 seconds to 3 minutes (30 seconds is recommended)
• YouTube Bumper video ads length: 6 seconds
• YouTube Standard video: 1280 x 760 pixels
Pinterest is all about visual content. Every month nearly 250 million people use these platforms to get to know the trends and find inspiration. When it comes to Pinterest images, you need to consider image verticals as Pinterest image format is designed to fit tall images rather than wide ones.
Ideal Pinterest Image Sizes for 2020
• Pinterest Profile picture: 165 x 165
• Pinterest Board Display image: 222 x 150
• Pinterest Standard Pin size: Vertical images 1000 x 1500
• Pinterest Video specs: square (1:1) or vertical (2:3, 9:16) Length: Minimum 4 seconds, maximum 15 minutes
• Pinterest Promoted Video: square (1:1) or widescreen (16:9) Length: Minimum 4 seconds, maximum 15 minutes
• Pinterest Promoted carousels: 2-5 images per carousel, aspect ratio: 1:1 or 2:3
TikTok is the latest trending video-sharing app that people are going crazy about. Not just people now brands also using this platform to engage and reach a new audience. Although, there aren’t a lot of options or formats to upload videos on Tik Tok, you need to be aware of the basics formats before you start experimenting with the app.
Ideal Tik Tok Image Sizes for 2020
• Tik Tok Video length: 1080 x 1920, maximum 15 seconds recommended.
• Tik Tok Profile photo 200 x 200
4. Best Free Design Tools to Create Social Media Images
We all know ” a picture is worth a thousand words” but it’s really important to create a unique image that stands out from other thousand images on social media. Because the fame of images on social media become more effective, Facebook posts with images receive 2.3X times more engagement than those without images and Tweets with images acquire 150% more retweets than those without images. So, how can you make unique image designs that stand out from all the other images in your target audience’s Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and other social media channels’ feeds? And how can you design images that generate more engagement with your brand’s social media profiles?
Perhaps, you’ll need a good design tool. Instagram filters and a slapdash text box won’t be enough for you. The good thing is, there are a lot of best free design tools to design engaging social media images that stand out on social media. Let’s have a look at them below!
- Canva – Powerful template-based graphic creation
- Adobe Spark – Minimalistic, modern designs
- Pablo by Buffer – Quick-adding custom images to your social posts
- Desynger – Design experience on a mobile device
- Snappa – Fast text design
- Gravit Designer – More advanced social media graphic design
5. Reasons for Why these Social Media Measures are Important
Social media is fastly becoming one of the most essential characteristics of digital marketing, which offers outstanding benefits that help you to reach millions of your potential customers worldwide. And if you are not utilizing this profitable source, you’re missing out an incredible market opportunity for your business as social media is the easy way to spread the word about your product or service.
When you’re using social media for your marketing purpose it’s important to follow the latest trends and guidelines of social media so that you can stay ahead of your competitors in the game. When you do social media marketing by following the social media guidelines:
- It becomes cost-effective for you
- Improve your brand awareness
- You can easily engage with your customers
- Improve your brand loyalty
- You can maintain healthier customer satisfaction
- Create awareness in the marketplace
- Increase your brand authority
- Gain more traffic through your social media channels
There is no denying that Social media has many benefits for new startups and well-established brands. By consistently updating and upgrading your social media channels, you can boost your social media traffic, improve search engine optimization results, enhance your brand loyalty, build healthier customer satisfaction and a lot more. Day by day your competition on social media is keep on increasing, so don’t let your competitors to take away your potential customers. The earlier you start to update your social media channels based on the latest guidelines, the faster you see the growth in your business. Cheers!
What do you think about these recommended latest Social Media Image Sizes? Appreciate, if I get some feedback from you!